30 November 2010

Bohol – The Land of Endangered Tarsiers

I will talk about Bohol briefly.  Apologies if I may not able to cover every details Bohol has to offer travel-wise. I will just be gossiping and will just show some photos about the places I visited and the rest of activities I have done on my week stay in Bohol.  But if you do have some queries about Bohol, feel free to post your comment and I will be more than happy to reply you back the soonest.

Let me touch on a little story of Boracay as well before I proceed with Bohol’s.  Who did not hear about Boracay? Unless you don’t know where Philippines is and you are hydrophobic to hate the beach waters.  Ok, assumingly you don’ t know, Boracay is an island of the Philippines located approximately 315 km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of Panay Island in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. In 1990, it was voted by the BMW Tropical Beach Handbook as one of the best beaches in the world and again in 1996 by British publication TV Quick as the world's number one tropical beach. Sounds interesting to pay for a visit, dear beach lovers? Thanks for the info wikipedia.

Having mentioned that Boracay is known to be one of the best beaches in the world, which means being one of the favorite beach destinations of local and foreign tourists in the Philippines.  Over the years the island receives massive tourists and have been overcrowding the place especially during summer times (well, it’s a must experience to visit if you are a beach bum!).  The neighboring provinces graced with white beaches like Bohol started developing their own to attract tourists minimizing ones from Boracay.  I myself, to escape the Boracay crowd with my uncontrollable desire to soak on white beach waters, I headed to Bohol instead. 

In Bohol. Definitely not just for the white beach.  Of course I already heard about the Tarsiers and would love to see one. And what about the beautiful picturisque impression of Chocolate Hills? Surely my first love when it comes to sight-seeing with nature. The must-try floating restaurant in Loboc River.  These invited me more to fly to Bohol and just so right, I did not fail a truly amazing adventure.

We have the same eye circumference ;-)


Did I just mention about Bohol so brief? Let the photos speak for it. Have a good day everyone!



The Old Baclayon Church in Bohol


Amazing, isn't it?



Hmmmn, you will definitely have a huge appetite with your surrounding like this
 

No comments: