11 September 2010

End of Ramadan and What I Do Feel

The long-month of fasting (Ramadan) for our dear muslims is over, and so our 6-hour work timings. Whether you are a muslim or not, the holy month of Ramadan is a period being enjoyed by all having cut of working hours (some from 10 hours to 6 hours, like mine). This is basically addressed to muslims only (of course, because they are fasting) giving them more time for prayers and rest to survive the day fasting. I used to understand that when people fast, it’s really abstaining from anything for the whole day and succeeding days. Like no food, water intake the whole day (ignorant me). It’s wrong! Can’t blame me, I wasn’t educated with this, lol. Thanks for having the chance to step in the muslim land, I am able to learn more fully the way of life, of the muslim way.

Ramadan is ended of what they call Eid. It’s normally a 3-day long celebration being with family, relatives, friends and even the entire neighborhood. This is like Christmas for Christians. They as well exchange presents, adorn their homes with a resemblance of sparkling moon and star you can see at their doors and windows.

The 3-day Eid celebration is marked as a holiday and again even if you are not a muslim, you’ll be able to enjoy the holiday. But this year’s Eid took place on Friday and Saturday which is the normal weekend, off days for us. So there is no additional benefit by those who were expecting to have a longer holiday if it took on weekdays and that means, 2 weekdays off plus the normal weekend (*sigh*)

And so that was just a normal weekend for me too. Nothing special, but what I enjoy most is I know the 2-day off is always a time for myself. Whether I have plans spending the day outside or being just in the apartment doing my own stuff. And the last weekend plan did not work out. I should have gone somewhere and able to find answers of bunch of queries I have in mind. Queries that still remain to be unanswered until I could get help from a special friend who is ocean’s away to have them closed. How could that be possible? It is another question that only fate can answer. I know you are really one of a special. That proved that even how I’ve got huge of confusions lately, I did not break down and fell into deceptions of great pretenders and opportunists and that because you have helped me realized the worth of our friendship and beyond that we are about to work out.

Today, I am back to my normal 10-hour long stay in the office. Although I’ve got couple of things to finish off this week, how good it is to start something to write down everything that cheered my weekend up. Thank you so much, T.



Hope the week will continue to be as incredible as what I feel :-)

Eid Mubarak!

No comments: